30 December 2015

Our New Nest

25 July 2014


Our New Nest

Our family is moving to the country, and I'm quite certain that a life full of adventures lies ahead of us!

A mere 6 weeks ago we purchased a home in a rural town just on the south edge of the magnificent city of Ottawa.  We love being in the Capital city and are so thankful to be here, but we're even more thrilled that we can enjoy our city and live in a quiet country town on a quiet country street!

Here's a picture of our soon-to-be home...the next house where we will continue to build our family "nest"

There are so many features we love about this property - it's a very well-maintained half-acre lot lined by a variety of trees, including birch.

Are they not breath-taking?

I grew up in the country but have been in suburbia since leaving for university - wow, I guess it's been over a decade!  My husband and I have been married for 4 years now and have two kids so far - whom I affectionately refer to as my mini men - and they are 2-1/2 and 1.  Life has been a bit of a whirlwind, but I've always desired to raise my kids - especially our sons - in a country setting.  Boys are meant for exploring and getting dirty...and this mom has learned to embrace a lot of dirt already!

Getting back to the house...

While there are many things going for this house, there are a few features we need to address.  We have a long list of renovations ahead of us, including kitchen, bathrooms, windows, doors, trim, paint, and the list goes on and on!  I have grand visions of transforming this 1970's vintage gem into a country chic home!

I'd love to share our journey with you...the adventures of surviving DIY projects together, tackling a move and renovation with our mini-men underfoot, and still keeping our priorities of faith and family in tact.

Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment